Food Engineering, Fruit and Vegetable Processing
- Ph.D. in Post Harvest Engineering and Technology, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
- M. Tech in Agricultural Process and Food Engineering, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
- B. Tech in Food Technology, Islamic University of Science and Technology, Kashmir
Experience: 4 Years till September 2019
- July 2019 onwards: Assistant Professor in Department of Biotechnology, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala
- January 2016 to July 2019: Assistant Professor in Department of Bioengineering, Integral University, Lucknow
- December 2012 to April 2013: Assistant Professor (Contractual) in University Polytechnic, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
- Dehydration of foods
- Minimally processed fruits and vegetables
- Nanotechnology in foods
- Qadri, O. S., Srivastava, A. K. 2014. Effect of microwave power on foam-mat drying of tomato pulp. Agric Eng Int: CIGR Journal, 16(3): 238－244
- Qadri, O. S., & Srivastava, A. K. 2015. Microwave-assisted foam mat drying of guava pulp: Drying kinetics and effect on quality attributes. Journal of Food Process Engineering. http://doi.org/10.1111/jfpe.12295
- Qadri, O. S., Yousuf, B., & Srivastava, A. K. 2015. Fresh-cut fruits and vegetables: Critical factors influencing microbiology and novel approaches to prevent microbial risks – A review. Cogent Food & Agriculture. http://doi.org/10.1080/23311932.2015.1121606
- Yousuf, B., Qadri, O. S., & Srivastava, A. K. 2018. Recent developments in shelf-life extension of fresh-cut fruits and vegetables by application of different edible coatings: A review. LWT, 89, 198–209. http://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lwt.2017.10.051
- Chaurasia, P., Younis, K., Qadri, O.S., Srivastava, G. and Osama, K., 2019. Comparison of Gaussian process regression, artificial neural network, and response surface methodology modeling approaches for predicting drying time of mosambi (Citrus limetta) peel. Journal of Food Process Engineering, 42(2), p.e12966.
- Naseer, B., Srivastava, G., Qadri, O.S., Faridi, S.A., Islam, R.U. and Younis, K. 2018. Importance and Health Hazards of Nanoparticles Used in the Food Industry. Nanotechnology Reviews. (Accepted)
- Shukla, P., Chaurasia, P., Younis, K. Qadri O. S, Faridi S. A., Srivastava G. 2019. Nanotechnology in sustainable agriculture: studies from seed priming to post-harvest management. Nanotechnol. Environ. Eng. 4: 11. https://doi.org/10.1007/s41204-019-0058-2
- Qadri, O. S., Srivastava, A. K., Yousuf, B., 2019 Trends in foam mat drying of foods: Special emphasis on hybrid foam mat drying technology, Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, DOI: 10.1080/10408398.2019.1588221
- Qadri, O. S., Yousuf, B., & Srivastava, A. K. 2016. Fresh-cut produce: Advances in preserving quality and ensuring safety. In M. W. Siddiqi, & A. Ali (Eds.), Postharvest management of horticultural crops: Practices for quality preservation. Waretown, USA: Apple Academic Press
- Yousuf, B., Qadri, O. S., & Srivastava, A. K. 2017. Antimicrobial Packaging: Basic Concepts and Applications in Fresh and Fresh-Cut Fruits and Vegetables. In Book, Innovative Packaging of Fruits and Vegetables; Strategies for Safety and Quality Maintenance. Apple Academic Press
- Qadri, O S., Younis, K., Srivastava, G., Srivastava, A K. 2018. Nanotechnology in packaging of fresh fruits and vegetables. Emerging postharvest treatment of fruits and vegetables. Apple Academic Press Inc. Chapter 6, ISBN: 9781771887007
- Younis, K., Qadri, O S., Bashir, K., Islam, S. 2017 Plant Food By-products and their Application in the Food Industry. Plant-based natural products: Derivates and applications. Willey-Scrivener. Chapter 6 pp. 103-128 ISBN: 9781119423898
- O.S. Qadri and A.K. Srivastava. 2014. Quality and safety of fresh-cut agricultural produce: A challenge for developing countries. 2nd International Conference, Emerging Food Safety Risks: challenge for developing countries, NIFTEM, Kundli, Haryana.
- Qadri, O. S., & Srivastava, A. K. 2015. Microwave-assisted foam mat drying of guava pulp: Drying kinetics and effect on quality attributes. International Congress on Post-Harvest Technology of Agricultural Produce for Sustainable Food and Nutritional Security. Integral University, Lucknow.
- Younis. K and Qadri O.S. 2017. Second International Conference on Biotechnological Advancements in Free Radical Biology and Medicine. Integral University, Lucknow.
Achievements, Awards and Recognitions
- ICAR-NET 2015 in Food Technology
- Maulana Azad National Fellowship 2013-14