Nanobiotechnology, Advanced Materials, Biosensors, Bioremediation
firstname.lastname@example.org; Date of Joining: 16-01-2023
Dr. Jyotsana Mehta is currently working as Assistant Professor in Department of Biotechnology at Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology (TIET), Patiala, Punjab India. She is a skilled research professional working actively in the area of nanobiotechnology directed towards development of biosensing and bioremediation platforms involving proteins, enzymes, antibodies, nanobodies, aptamers, DNAzymes, and microbes in conjugation with nanomaterials and their composites. She has completed her doctoral research in biosensor and bioremediation platform development from CSIR-Central Scientific Instruments Organization (CSIO), Chandigarh, India. She has authored 17 peer reviewed publications and 3 book chapters. She has worked as CSIR-Senior Reasearch Associate under Pool’s Scientists Scheme and PI in CSIR-funded project on synthesis and application of nanoprobes for sensing of emerging micropollutants. Prior to this, she completed her Ph.D on development of biofunctionalized nanoplatforms for sensing and degradartion of organic pollutants. She has been awarded many post-doctoral fellowhips and aims to pursue successful academic career while maintaining holds good research profile.
Awards and Honors
- Post-doctoral awards
- DBT-Research Associateship (RA)
- DST-National Post Doctorate Award (NPDF)
- UGC- D.S. Kothari Post Doctorate Award (DSKPDF)
- CSIR-Senior Research Associate under Scientist’s Pool Scheme.
- Joint CSIR-UGC-NET(JRF), June 2012 qualified with 65th rank.
- 3rd rank in DBT-JRF 2012 category ‘B’.
- GATE 2012 and 2011 qualified with 93.6 and 86 percentile, respectively.
- 2nd position in “Paper Presentation” in ANUSANDHAN, 2013- Tech Fest held at UIET, KUK.
- 3rd prize in “Ozone Quiz” in ANUSANDHAN, 2013- Tech Fest held at UIET, KUK.
- 1st prize in Geo International Fest in CMS, Lucknow (March, 2006).
Position and Experience
- January 2023 – Present: Assistant Professor, Department of Biotechnology, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala.
- September 2019 - September 2022: CSIR-Pool Scientist, Department of Bio & Nano Technology, Guru Jambheshwar University of Science & Technology, Hisar, Haryana.
- April 2019 – August 2019: Senior Research Fellow, Department of Veterinary Microbiology, Lala Lajpat Rai University of Animal & Veterinary Sciences, Hisar, Haryana.
- May 2016 – December 2018: UGC-Senior Research Fellow, CSIR- Central Scientific Instruments Organization, Chandigarh.
- May 2014 – April 2016: UGC-Junior Research Fellow, CSIR- Central Scientific Instruments Organization, Chandigarh.
- August 2014 – January 2019: Ph.D (Engineering Sciences), CSIR- Central Scientific Instruments Organization, Chandigarh.
- 2012 – 2014: M.Tech (Biotechnology), University Institute of Engineering & Technology, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra
- 2008-20012: B.Tech (Biotechnology), Amity University, Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
- Mehta Jyotsana, Dhaka Rahul Kumar, Dilbaghi Neeraj, Lim Dong Kwon, Hassan Ashraf Aly, Kim Ki-Hyun, Kumar Sandeep. “Recent advancements in adsorptive removal of organophosphate pesticides from aqueous phase using nanomaterials.” Journal of Nanostructures in Chemistry (2022): 1-18. Impact Factor: 8.00.
- Nagpal, Bhuvan, Jyoti Kumari, and Jyotsana Mehta. "Comparison of accuracy of ELISA technique and RAPID screening techniques for Diagnosis of Hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg)”. Journal of Microbiology Current Research. 5 (2): 1-3.
- Mehta Jyotsana, Sarita Dhaka, Ashok K. Paul, Siddavattam Dayananda, Akash Deep, “Organophosphate hydrolase conjugated UiO-66-NH2 MOF based highly sensitive optical detection of methyl parathion.” Environmental Research 174 (2019) 46-53. Impact Factor: 8.431.
- Mehta, Jyotsana, Sarita Dhaka, Neha Bhardwaj, Ashok K. Paul, Siddavattam Dayananda, Sung-Eun Lee, Ki-Hyun Kim, Akash Deep, “Application of an Enzyme Encapsulated Metal-Organic Framework Composite for Convenient Sensing and Degradation of Parathion.” Sensors & Actuators B: Chemical 290 (2019): 267-274. Impact Factor: 9.221
- Kumar, Sandeep, Monika Nehra, Jyotsana Mehta, Neeraj Dilbaghi, Giovanna Marrazza, and Ajeet Kaushik. "Point-of-Care Strategies for Detection of Waterborne Pathogens." Sensors 19, no. 20 (2019): 4476. Impact Factor: 3.85
- Mehta, Jyotsana, Neha Bhardwaj, Sanjeev K. Bhardwaj, Satish K. Tuteja, Priya Vinayak, A. K. Paul, Ki-Hyun Kim, and Akash Deep. "Graphene quantum dot modified screen printed immunosensor for the determination of parathion." Analytical biochemistry 523 (2017): 1-9. Impact Factor: 3.191
- Mehta, Jyotsana, Neha Bhardwaj, Sanjeev K. Bhardwaj, Ki-Hyun Kim, and Akash Deep. "Recent advances in enzyme immobilization techniques: Metal-organic frameworks as novel substrates." Coordination Chemistry Reviews 322 (2016): 30-40. Impact Factor: 24.833
- Mehta, Jyotsana, Sanjeev K. Bhardwaj, Neha Bhardwaj, A. K. Paul, Pawan Kumar, Ki-Hyun Kim, and Akash Deep. "Progress in the biosensing techniques for trace-level heavy metals." Biotechnology advances 34, no. 1 (2016): 47-60. Impact Factor: 17.681
- Mehta, Jyotsana, Priya Vinayak, Satish K. Tuteja, Varun A. Chhabra, Neha Bhardwaj, A. K. Paul, Ki-Hyun Kim, and Akash Deep. "Graphene modified screen printed immunosensor for highly sensitive detection of parathion." Biosensors and Bioelectronics 83 (2016): 339-346. Impact Factor: 12.545
- Kumar, Sanjeev, Neha Bhardwaj, Rajnish Kaur, Jyotsana Mehta, A. Sharma, Ki-Hyun Kim, and Akash Deep. "An overview of different strategies to introduce conductivity in metal-organic frameworks and miscellaneous applications thereof." Journal of Materials Chemistry A 6 (2018): 14992-15009. Impact Factor: 14.511
- Bhardwaj, Neha, Satish K. Pandey, Jyotsana Mehta, Sanjeev K. Bhardwaj, Ki-Hyun Kim, and Akash Deep. "Bioactive nano-metal–organic frameworks as antimicrobials against Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria." Toxicology Research 7 (2018): 931-941. Impact Factor: 2.680
- Bhardwaj, Neha, Sanjeev K. Bhardwaj, Manoj K. Nayak, Jyotsana Mehta, Ki-Hyun Kim, and Akash Deep. "Fluorescent Nanobiosensors for the Targeted Detection of Foodborne Bacteria." TrAC Trends in Analytical Chemistry 97 (2017):120-135. Impact Factor: 14.908
- Bhardwaj, Neha, Sanjeev K. Bhardwaj, Jyotsana Mehta, Ki-Hyun Kim, and Akash Deep. "MOF–Bacteriophage Biosensor for Highly Sensitive and Specific Detection of Staphylococcus aureus." ACS applied materials & interfaces 9, no. 39 (2017): 33589-33598. Impact Factor: 14.4
- Bhardwaj, Neha, Sanjeev Bhardwaj, Jyotsana Mehta, Ki-Hyun Kim, and Akash Deep. "Highly sensitive detection of dipicolinic acid with a water-dispersible terbium-metal organic framework." Biosensors and Bioelectronics 86 (2016): 799-804. Impact Factor: 12.545
- Bhardwaj, Neha, Sanjeev K. Bhardwaj, Jyotsana Mehta, Manoj K. Nayak, and Akash Deep. "Bacteriophage conjugated IRMOF-3 as a novel opto-sensor for S. arlettae." New Journal of Chemistry 40, no. 9 (2016): 8068-8073. Impact Factor: 3.925
- Bhardwaj, Neha, Sanjeev K. Bhardwaj, Jyotsana Mehta, Girish C. Mohanta, and Akash Deep. "Bacteriophage immobilized graphene electrodes for impedimetric sensing of bacteria (Staphylococcus arlettae)." Analytical biochemistry505 (2016): 18-25. Impact Factor: 3.191
- Dahiya, Swati, Neha Bhardwaj, Sanjeev Bhardwaj, Jyotsana Mehta, Arun Sehgal, and Minakshi Prasad. "Silver nanoparticles embedded photosensitive silicon as catheter materials." Advances in Animal and Veterinary Sciences 3, no. 1s (2015): 10-15. Impact Factor: 4.431
- Mehta Jyotsana, Manjit Singh Jadon, Neeraj Dilbaghi, Sandeep Kumar. “Fluorescent inorganic nanoparticles for bioimaging and therapeutic applications.” In Engineered Nanostructures for Therapeutics and Biomedical Applications. (2022): 14-20.
- Dahiya, Swati, Jyotsana Mehta, and Bhuvan Nagpal. "Advanced Sensors for Animal Disease Diagnosis." In Advances in Animal Disease Diagnosis (2021): 25-36.
- Mehta, Jyotsana, Rahul Kumar, Sarita Dhaka, and Akash Deep. "Biofunctionalized Nanostructured Materials for Sensing of Pesticides." In Nanosensors for Environmental Applications, pp. 29-86. Springer, Cham, 2020.
- Mehta J, Deep A. In-Situ Encapsulation of HRP Enzyme within Metal-Organic Framework for Enhanced Enzymatic Activity. 2nd CRIKC Nanoscience Day held at CSIO, Chandigarh in August, 2016.
- Mehta J, Vinayak P, Paul AK, Deep A. Immunosensing of Parathion using Functionalized Graphene Immobilized Screen Printed Carbon Electrode. 4th National Conference (NCNIIT-2016) held at NIT, Kurukshetra.
- Mehta J, Bhardwaj N, Paul AK, Deep A. Sensing of Bacteria using bacteriophage immobilized Screen Printed Carbon Electrode. 6th World Congress on Biotechnology 2015 held at Crowne Plaza, New Delhi, India.
- Mehta J, Bhardwaj N, Bhardwaj SK, Dahiya S, Deep A. Immobilization of Bacteriophages on Screen Printed Carbon Electrode via Covalent Attachment. Converging Technologies beyond 2020 (2CTB 2020) held at Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra in November, 2014.