email@example.com; Date of Joining: 12-05-2006
Ph.D. (2017), Thapar University, Patiala
M. Pharmacy (Pharmaceutics) (1994), Delhi University
B. Pharmacy (1992), Delhi University
12th (1986) Delhi Senior School Certificate Examination, CBSE, Delhi
Awards/Scholarship: GATE 92 (92.10 Percentile)
Teaching & Professional Experience
May 2006- Till date: Assistant Professor-II Thapar Institute of Engineering &Technology- Teaching & research
Sept. 2005- April 2006: Lecturer & head Swami Vivekanand College of Pharmacy, Banur- Teaching
April 1998 - August 1999: Research Scientist, J.K. Drugs & Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
August 1995 - April 1998: Research Associate, J.K. Drugs & Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
August1994 - August 1995: Research Pharmacist Trainee, J.K. Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Shripati Singhania R&D Centre, Faridabad
Courses Taught (UG & PG)
Basic Biology, Anatomy, Physiology and Health Education, Reaction Engineering & Enzyme Technology, Bioprocess Technology, Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Microbiology, Biomanufacturing, Biopharmaceutical & Pharmaceutical Technology, Drug discovery & design, Downstream processing, Cell biology and physiology, Bioprocess Engineering, Industrial enzyme technology
- KS Singh, M Vasundhara (2015) Optimization of formulation parameters for controlled drug delivery from metformin hydrochloride loaded chitosan/TPP microspheres The Pharma Innovation Journal 4(9): 38-42
- M. Vasundhara, Manoj Baranwal, Anil Kumar (2016) Fusarium tricinctum, An endophytic fungus exhibits cell growth inhibition and antioxidant activity. Indian Journal of Microbiology 56 (4) 433-438 (IF 2.46 2020)
- M. Vasundhara, Anil Kumar, M. Sudhakara Reddy (2016) Molecular approaches to screen bioactive compounds from endophytic fungi. Frontiers in Microbiology 7: 1774 (IF 5.64 2020)
- Mondem Vasundhara, Manoj Baranwal, Nallapeta Sivaramaiah, Anil Kumar (2017) Isolation and characterization of trichalasin-producing endophytic fungus from Taxus baccata. Annals of Microbiology 67, 255–261 (IF 2.11 2020)
- Narendra Meena, M. Vasundhara, M. Sudhakara Reddy, Prashanth Suravajhala, U. S. Raghavender, Krishna Mohan Medicherla (2018) Draft genome sequence of a fungus (Fusarium tricinctum) cultured from a monoisolate native to the Himalayas. Genome announcements Volume 6 Issue 20 e00365-18
- Harman Gill, M. Vasundhara (2019) World Journal of Microbiology and biotechnology Isolation of taxol producing endophytic fungus Alternaria brassicicola from non‑Taxus medicinal plant Terminalia arjuna 35, 74 (IF 3.31 2020)
- Rajat Viz, Fatima Bhadra, Sukesh kumar Gupta, Sairam Krishnamurthy, M.Vasundhara (2021) Journal of Applied Microbiology. Neuroprotective effects of quercetin produced by an endophytic fungus Nigrospora oryzae isolated from Tinospora cordifolia doi: 10.1111/jam.15174 (IF 3.77 2020)
- G.Vasundhara, A.P. Kakkar Preparation and evaluation of crosslinked chitosan microspheres of propranolol hydrochloride. A-43, p-45 46th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress, Deptt. of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Panjab Univ. Chandigarh, 28-30 December 1994
- M.Vasundhara, Tanzin Chhogial Preparation and optimization of various parameters for the controlled release of propranolol hydrochloride from chitosan – TPP microspheres. National conference on Innovations in Drug Discovery and Research 3-5 March 2009 (p-47), Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Drug Research, Punjabi University, Patiala 147002
- Taranpreet Kaur, M.Vasundhara Preparation and optimization of various parameters for the controlled release of drug from chitosan – TPP microspheres. Emerging trends in Biopharmaceuticals: Relevance to Human Health 11-13 November 2010, p-50, Thapar University, Patiala
- Darshleen Kaur, M Vasundhara Evaluation and characterization of Ascorbic acid encapsulated chitosan microspheres 7th National conference on Recent Advances in Chemical, Biological & Environmental Sciences. January 30-31, 2015 Multani Mal Modi College, Patiala. P-61
- M. Vasundhara, Manoj Baranwal, Anil Kumar Anticancer compounds from Fusarium tricinctum, an endophytic fungus isolated from Taxus baccata. P-18 National Seminar on “Emerging Trends in Analytical Sciences ETAS-2016: Theme: Indian Perspectives on Food & Pharma Analysis” on 21st and 22nd of March 2016, CSIR-Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad.(Organized by Indian society of Analytical Scientists ISAS)
- Harman Gill, M.Vasundhara Isolation of bioactive compound from endophytic fungi of medicinal plant. International conference on biotechnological research and innovation for sustainable development BioSD-2018. November 22-25, 2018, CSIR-IICT, Hyderabad.
M.Sc. Thesis guided (20)
- Parminder Kaur June 2007 Preparation of chitosan microspheres of cefadroxil and optimization of formulation variables
- Tanzin Chhogial July 2008 Preparation and optimization of various parameters for the controlled release of propranolol hydrochloride from chitosan - TPP microspheres
- Taranpreet Kaur July 2009 Effect of pH of TPP solution and formulation parameters on the properties of drug containing chitosan microspheres
- Supriya Sachdeva July 2009 Immobilization of Saccharomyces cerevisae using chitosan - TPP for the ethanol production
- Kumar Siddharth Singh July 2010 Preparation and optimization of various parameters for the controlled release of drug from chitosan -TPP microspheres
- Amit Kumar Singal July 2011 Preparation of the controlled release chitosan microspheres and optimization of the formulation parameters
- Shivani July 2012 Screening of endophytic fungi for antimicrobial activity
- Ranjan Singh July 2012 Antimicrobial Activity of Endophytic Fungi from Xylaria Species
- Nilza July 2013 Screening of endophytic fungi Xylaria for antibacterial and antifungal activit
- Kamalpreet Kaur July 2013 Formulation and evaluation of metformin hydrochloride microspheres by ionotropic gelation technique
- Ravleen Kaur July 2014 Preparation and evaluation of chitosan based controlled drug delivery system
- Randeep Kaur July 2015 Release characteristics of ascorbic acid encapsulated chitosan treated alginate microspheres
- Ria Rawal July 2017 Antimicrobial activity of the endophytic fungi isolated from the medicinal plant
- Palak Middha July 2017 In-vitro antioxidant activity of endophytic fungi isolated from medicinal plant
- Anmol June 2018 Antioxidant activity of the endophytic fungi isolated from the medicinal plant
- Harpuneet June 2018 Antimicrobial activity of the endophytic fungi isolated from the medicinal plant
- Sonali Bedi July 2019 L-Asparaginase producing endophytic fungi isolated from medicinal plant
- Navdeep Kaur July 2020 Enhancement of taxol production by endophytic fungi from medicinal plants using co–cultivation technique
- Ankita Tandon July 2020 Microencapsulation technique: Recent developments & pharmaceutical applications
- Darshanjot Kaur July 2020 A comparison of biologics/biosimilars regulatory framework for USA, Europe and India
M.Tech. Thesis guided (5)
- Anushree July 2014 Chitosan particulate system as vitamin C carrier
- Darshleen Kaur July 2015 Evaluation and characterization of L-ascorbic acid encapsulated chitosan microspheres
- Harman Gill June 2018 Isolation of bioactive compounds from endophytic fungi of medicinal plants
- Rajat Vig July 2019 Neuroprotective compound Quercetin from endophytic fungus, Nigrospora oryzae isolated from Tinospora cordifolia
- Naina Saini July 2019 Bioactive potential of endophytic fungi isolated from the medicinal plant - Terminalia arjuna
- M. Vasundhara, M. Sudhakara Reddy and Anil Kumar Secondary metabolites from endophytic fungi and their biological activities (Chapter 18) ISBN: 978-0-444-63504-4 https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-444-63504-4.00018-9 Elsevier (2018)
- Anu Gupta, M. Vasundhara, Archana Singh and RN Kharwar Progress in Mycology, Developments in endophytic fungal research in India (Chapter 9) ISBN 978-981-16-2349-3 Doi 10.1007/978-981-16-2350-9 Springer (2021) In print
Training programs/Workshops attended
- International Conference on Packaging to win World Markets, held on 1-2 December, 1995 at New Delhi organized by Indian Institute of Packaging.
- The training program on testing and evaluation of packaging materials and packages, held during 5th-6th November, 1996, at Hotel Hilton, New Delhi organized by The Indian Institute of Packaging.
- A short term programme on “Biotechnology & Biochemical engineering” conducted by applied science department from 23.11.2009 to 27.11.2009 at National Institute of Technical Teachers training and Research (NITTTR), Chandigarh.
- Training program on ”Instrumental Method of Analysis” form 4th to 6th October 2010 (3 days) conducted by Thapar center for Industrial Research & Development, Patiala
- Faculty development program on classroom communication on May 2nd 2017 at Thapar University, Patiala organized by center for training and development.
- Completed the “New directions in Teaching & Learning 2017” delivered by Trinity College Dublin, The University of Dublin, Ireland in collaboration with TIET, Patiala.
National symposium on Trends in Plant Biotechnology & Agriculture & 41st Annual meeting of the Plant Tissue Culture Association of India February 6-8, 2020 NSTPB-2020 Member of organizing committee:Treasurer
Exploring various medicinal plants for the endophytes capable of producing different bioactive compounds. Identification of these endophytes based on morphological and molecular tools. Identification and characterization of these bioactive compounds produced by the endophytes and their role in therapeutics. To carry out research in the area of design of drug delivery systems for achieving controlled delivery of the drugs.