Plant-microbe interactions/ Molecular Biology
Microbiology, Molecular biology and Biotechnology
- Microbial concrete
- Plant microbe interactions
- Molecular diversity of fungi and bacteria
- Bioactive compounds from endophytic fungi
- Sustainable agriculture
- B.Sc. -SV University, Andhra Pradesh, India(1987)
- M.Sc. -Sri Krinshnadevaraya University, Andhra Pradesh, India(1989)
- Ph.D. -University of Madras, Chennai, India(1994)
Name of Organization
Nature of Work
Associate Dean, Resource Mobilization
Thapar University, Patiala
Resource mobilization, Rankings of the university
Thapar University, Patiala
Teaching & research,
Thapar University, Patiala (PB-4)
Teaching & research Coordinator, CORE
Thapar Inst. Engg. & Tech, Patiala
Teaching and Research
Thapar Ctr. Ind. R & D, Patiala
University of Lyon1
Tata Energy Research Institute, New Delhi
- Head of the department, Department of Biotechnology Feb. 2020 to till date
- Associate Dean, Resource Mobilization Sept. 2014 to June 2019
- Head of the department, Department of Biotechnology Dec. 2010 to Nov. 2013
- Coordinator, Centre for Relevance and Excellence in Agro & Industrial Biotechnology (TIFAC-CORE) May 2005 to Sept. 2013
- K Natarajan Memorial award by Mycological Society of India, 2019
- Talented Industrial Biotechnologist Award by Association of Biotechnology and Pharmacy, 2017
- Fellow of Academy of Microbiological Sciences 2017 by Indian Academy of Microbiological Sciences
- Talented Innovative Scientist Award – INDICASAT sponsored by Association of Biotechnology and Pharmacy, 2015
- Fellow of BRSI, Biotech Research Society, India, 2014
- Agnihothrudu memorial award by Mycological Society of India, 2014
- Fellow of Association of Biotechnology and Pharmacy in Association of Biotechnology and Pharmacy, 2010
- Shome Memorial award by Mycological Society of India, 2009
- Fellow of Mycological Society of India by Mycological Society of India, 2007
- Senior research fellow, Council for scientific and industrial research, Govt of India, 199
- Junior research fellow, Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India
International: British Mycological Society
Society for Applied Microbiology
American Society for Microbiology
International Symbiosis Society
National: Mycological Society of India
Microbiologists of India
The Biotech Research Society
Association of Biotechnology and Pharmacy
Pepsico India Holdings Pvt. Ltd., McCain Foods Ltd. for production of mini tubers 2006 – 2013 (Total Revenue generated is about Rs. 285 lacs)
Areas of Teaching
- Molecular Biology & rDNA Technology
- Cell Biology
Courses taught (UG & PG level)
Biostatistics and Bioinformatics, Biophysics and Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, Cell and Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Immunology and Virology, Microbial Genetics, Pharmaceutical Microbiology, Prokaryotic & Eukaryotic diversity, Plant Physiology, Genomics and Proteomics, Molecular Biology & rDNA Technology, Cell Biology and Genetics
- Field scale biogenic treatment for crack remediation and self-healing in concrete structures. DST-SERB, 47.3 lacs (2021)
- Biocalcification process of photoautotrophic bacteria in concrete environment. DBT, 15.6 lacs (2018)
- Development of self-healing concrete using bacteria. NBCC (India) Limited, New Delhi, Rs. 52.55 lacs (Co-PI) (2018)
- Biomediated cementation for concrete problems. DST (SEED), Rs. 42.12 lacs (Co-PI) (2018)
- Novel gene pool from copper polluted soil ecosystem using metatranscriptomic approach. CSIR: 15.0 lacs (2016)
- Utilization of banana stem juice for renewable energy and value added products. DST: 25.0 lacs (Network project: ACIRD, Yamunanagar and FRI Dehradun, Total cost of the project: 96.0 lacs) (2016)
- Cloning and characterization of genes of Glutathione biosynthesis in ectomycorrhizal fungi. DBT: 29.5 lacs (2014)
- Durability enhancement and prevention of damages in RC structures using bacteria. DST: 53.9 lacs (2014)
- Development of photonic crystal biosensor for detection of foodborne pathogens. DBT: 33.0 lacs (2014)
- Gene Resources from polluted soils. Indo-French Centre for the Promotion of Advanced Research (IFCPAR): 136.0 lacs (Collaborating university: University of Lyon1, Lyon, France) (2012)
- Calcifying bacteria mediated cementation for energy efficient building materials. CSIR, 19.0 lacs (2011)
- Enhancement of fertilizer value of phosphate rocks by phosphate solubilizing microbes in alkaline soils. UGC: 10.5 lacs (2009)
- Microbial remediation of defects in building materials and structures. DST: 35.0 lacs (2008)
- Enhancement of strength and durability of concrete structures using microbes. AERB: 26.5 lacs (2008)
- Molecular characterization of the ectomycorrhizal fungi … the degraded forest. DBT: 25.0 lacs (2008)
- Molecular cloning of sucrose synthase and korrigan genes and genetic transformation of Eucalyptus for cellulose enhancement. CSIR: 16.0 lacs (2007)
- Rehabilitation of bauxite residue (Red mud) ponds using microbes. DBT: 16.5 lacs (2004)
- Production and evaluation of metal resistant mutants of ectomycorrhizal fungi for the reclamation of contaminated soils. DST: 17.5 lacs (2002)
- Cloning and characterization of metal resistant genes of ectomycorrhizal fungi. DBT: 25.0 lacs (2002)
- Influence of fungal auxins on host plant gene expression during ectomycorrhizal formation. Indo-French Centre for the Promotion of Advanced Research (IFCPAR): 59.0 lacs (Collaborating university: University of Lyon, Lyon, France) (1998)
- Characterization and inoculum production of golden chanterelle Cantharellus cibarius DST: 4.5 lacs (1997)
Doctorate thesis mentoring
- Sanjay Kumar Singh: Computational analysis of transcriptome and metabolic pathways of malaria parasite Plasmodium falciparum
- Saloni Sharma: Genetic transformation of selected clones of Populus deltoides for cellulose enhancement in wood (Co supervisor: Dr. Anil Kumar)
- Subbalakshmi: Computational insights for the discovery of potential inhibitors against bacterial pathogens causing pneumonia
- Tanvir Kaur: Diversity of Arbuscular Mycorrhizal Fungi in seleniferous soils and their role in selenium sequestration and biotransformation
- Navneet Sidhu: Biocalcification process of photoautotrophic bacteria in concrete environment
- Eetika Chot: Transcrptomic analysis of the ectomycorrhizal fungus Pisolithus albus in response to metal stress
Bharti Thakur: Metatranscriptomic analysis of metal contaminated soils for isolation of metal tolerant genes (2021)
Sumit Joshi: Durability enhancement and prevention of damage in reinforced concrete structures using bacteria (Co supervisor: Dr. Shweta Goyal) (2021)
Shika Khullar: Glutathione metabolism and proteome analysis of ectomycorrhizal fungi in response to heavy metal stress (2020)
- Arkadeep Mukherjee: Gene resources from metal polluted soils using metatranscriptomic approach (2020)
- Amandeep Kaur: Development of blight resistance cultivars of Indian potatoes (Co supervisor: Dr. Anil Kumar) (2019)
- Kimi Jain: Development of polypropylene-polylactide blends and their degradation by bacterial isolates (Co supervisor: Dr. H. Bhunia) (2017)
- Balwant Verma: Diversity of Suillus species associated with conifer trees in northwestern Himalayan region of India (2015)
- Sanjog Garyali: Diversity of taxol producing endophytic fungi from Taxus baccata and process optimization for taxol production (Co supervisor: Dr. Anil Kumar) (2014)
- Mahima Bansal: Evaluation and production of bacosides from selected clones of Bacopa monnieri (L.) Wettst. (Co supervisor: Dr. Anil Kumar) (2014)
- Navdeep Kaur Dhami: Calcifying bacteria mediated cementation for improvement of building materials (2014)
- Gurdeep Kaur: Studies on microbial phosphate solubilization and development of inoculum formulations (2014)
- Anam Giridhar Babu: Studies on rehabilitation of red mud and fly ash ponds using Arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi (2012)
- Deepika Kumari: Studies on the genetic diversity and nutritional properties of Cantharellaceae in Western Himalayas (2012)
- Harpreet Kaur: Studies on the diversity and physiological characterization of the morels of western himalayan region (2012)
- Himani Singh: Enhancement of fertilizer value of phosphate rocks by phosphate solublizing microbes (2011)
- Santosh Kumar Karn: Studies on biodegradation of some chlorophenolic compounds in secondary sludge of paper and pulp industry (2011)
- Varenyam Achal: Microbial remediation of defects in building materials and structures (Co- Supervisor: Dr. P. C. Basu) (2010)
- Pankaj Krishna: Microbial remediation of bauxite residue ponds (2009)
- Golla Ramesh: Cloning and expression of Metallothionein genes in ectomycorrhizal fungi (2009)
- Babita Khosla: Isolation and evaluation of Aluminum tolerant mutants of ectomycorrhizal fungi for reclamation of contaminated soils (2005)
- Shaveta Singla: Biodiversity and genetic variation of ectomycorrhizal fungus Pisolithus in India (2005)
- Ajay Kumar Pandey: Influence of fungal auxin on host plant gene expression during ectomycorrhiza formation (2003)
M.Tech. Thesis mentoring
- Ms. Tanul Sachdeva: Biomineralization using Cyanobacteria and their application in building material (2019)
- Ms. Prabhleen Kaur: Cloning and characterization of metallothionein gene LbMT3 isolated from the ectomycorrhizal fungus Laccaria bicolor (2016)
- Ms. Tania Kalsotra: Cloning and characterization of metallothionein genes of Suillus species (2016)
- Ms. Vinita: Cloning and characterization of cobalt tolerance genes by using metatranscriptomics approach (2015)
- Ms. Alisha: Cloning and Characterization of dicer like protein from the ectomycorrhizal fungus Laccaria bicolor (2015)
- Ms. Manpreet Kaur. Isolation and characterization of metal resistance genes by using metatranscriptomic approach (2014)
- Ms. Ekta Tripathi. Improvement in properties of bulk and surface concrete by using bacteria (2014)
- Ms. Ishita Nanda. Studying the interacting partners of RNA polymerase III transcription factors, TFIIIB and TFIIIC (2014)
M. Sc Thesis mentoring
- Ms. Divyanshi: Biomineralization efficiency of halophilic bacteria and their role in building structures (2019)
- Ms. Chetana Dewan: Role of plant growth promoting bacteria in nutrient acquisition and plant stress tolerance response in saline soils (2019)
- Ms. Tamanna Bansal: Expression and purification of recombinant pneumococcal surface proteins from E. coli (2019)
- Ms. Isha Sindhwani: Isolation and characterization of calcifying bacteria from steel slag and their role in biominerelization (2018)
- Ms. Akansha Chadha: Isolation and characterization of plant growth promoting bacteria from seleniferous soil (2018)
- Ms. Akansha Vashist: Isolation, tolerance, bioaccumulation and plant growth promoting activities of selenium tolerant fungal isolates in vitro and in vivo (2018)
- Ms. Karamjeet Kaur Bhullar: Cloning and characterization of Cobalt and Zinc tolerance genes by using metatranscriptomics approach (2017)
- Ms. Prabhdeep Kaur: Role of microbial concrete in steel slag amended concrete structures (2017)
- Ms. Kanika Mehta: Antioxidant and antimicrobial activity of extrapolymeric substancces isolated from endophytic fungus (2016)
- Ms. Radhika: Cloning and characterization of metallothionein genes in ectomycorrhizal Fungi (2015)Ms. Anuja Sharma: Cloning and characterization of metallothionein genes of Suillus sibiricus an ectomycorrhizal fungus (2015)
- Ms. Gurvinder Kaur. Role of calcifying bacteria on durability properties of carbonated cement mortar (2014)
- Ms. Amrita Bains. Potential of extracellular polymeric substances and biofilm produced by bacterial; isolates in calcium carbonate mineralization (2014)
- Mr. Yadvinder Bhardwaj. Isolation and characterization of epiphytic orchidaceous mycorrhizas associated with the populations of Rhynchostylis retusa from Kangra valley, Himachal Pradesh (2014)
- Ms. Pritika Singh. Anticancerous and antioxidant activity of bioactive compounds from Dunaliella solani (2014)
- Ms. Othima. Characterization of novel carbonic anhydrase from halophilic bacterial isolates and it’s role in microbially induced calcium carbonate precipitation (2013)
- Ms. Divya. Isolation and characterization of plant growth promoting rhizobacteria (2013)
- Ms. Kirti Singh. Characterization of thermostable and alkalophilic lipase enzyme from endophytic fungus Leptosphaerulina sp (2013)
- Mr. Rajneesh. Characterization of thermostable and alkalitolerant cellulase from endophytic fungus Bartalinia sp (2013)
- Mr. Vikrant. Isolation and characterization of zinc resistant bacteria from zinc contaminated sites (2013)
- Ms. Rabia Arora. Degradation of imidacloprid by bacteria isolated from contaminated site (2012)
- Ms. Himani Thakkar. Enhanced production of L- lysine from corynebacterium glutamicum by mutagenesis (2012)
- Ms. Roohi Bansal. Influence of salt stress conditions on calcite formation by calcifying bacteria isolated from saline environment (2011)
- Ms. Divya Gupta. Physiological and molecular characterization of laccase gene in Morchella spp. (2011)
- Ms. Alpi Bansal. Influence of endophytic bacteria on growth and tuber production in potato (Co-Supervisor Dr. Anil Kumar) (2011)
- Ms. Sipla Aggarwal. Cloning and Characterization of metallothione gene from the ectomycorrhizal fungus Pisolithus albus (2010)
- Ms. Deepika Garg. Cloning and characterization of promoter region of metallothionein gene of ectomicorhizal fungus Hebeloma cylindrosporus (2010)
- Ms. Ritika Goyal. Cloning and characterization of Glutathione synthase gene from Laccaria bicolor (2010)
- Mr. Manas Ranjan Sahoo. Cloning of laccase gene of ectomicorhizal basidiomycete Hebeloma cylindrosporum (2009)
- Ms. Poonam Aggarwal. Cloning and analysis of promoter of metallothionein of the ectomycorrhizal fungus Hebeloma cylindrosporum (2009)
- Ms. Payal Jaggi. Cloning, expression and characterization of xylanase genes form novel alkaliphilc bacteria (2009)
- Ms. Amita Arora. Characterization of xylanase from alkaliphilic bacteria (2008)
- Mr. Ashish Aggarwal. Genetic diversity and antimicrobial activity of Xylariaceae fungi of Western Ghats of India (2008)
- Ms. Swati Garg. Thiol production by ectomycorrhizal fungus Hebeloma cylindrosporum in response to heavy metals (2008)
- Ms. Vinita Malik. Isolation and characterization of alkaline xylanase producing microorganisms from red mud (2007)
- Ms. Isha Katiyal. Enhancement of urease activity of Sporosarcina pasteurii (Bacillus pasteruii) for microbial concrete production (2007)
- Ms. Loveleen Relwani. Physiological studies of phenotypic mutants of Aspergillus tubingensis, a phosphate solubilizing fungus (2007)
- Mr. Amit Sharma. Cloning and characterization of laccase gene in Morchella esculenta (2006)
- Ms. Harprret Kaur Kanwal. Organic acid exudation by ectomycorrhizal fungi in response to Aluminum (2006)
- Ms. Sweera Rehan. Identification and characterization of laccase gene from ectomycorrhizal basidiomycete Hebeloma cylindrosporum (2006)
- Ms. Madhavi. Phylogenetic analysis, cloning and characterization of laccase gene from morels (2005)
- Mr. Varenyam Achal. Solubilization of phosphate rocks and minerals by UV induced mutants of Aspergillus tubingensis (2005)s
- Ms. Navdeep Dhami. Molecular diversity of Arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi and their influence on micropropagated medicinal plants (2005)
- Mr. Karan Acharya. Genetic variation of edible mushrooms of Morchella in Himalayan region (2004)
- Mr. Amit Gupta. Molecular Characterization of endophytic fungi (2004)
- Mr. Praveen Kumar. Isolation and characterization of microbes in red mud ponds (2004)
- Mr. Pankaj Krishna. Bioremediation of bauxite residue (red mud) sites by microbes (2003)
- Ms. Richa Grover. Rock phosphate and phosphate solubilizing microbes as a source of nutrients for crops (2003)
- Mr. Dinesh Reddy. Molecular and physiological characterization of ectomycorrhizal fungi (2002)
- Ms. Ritu. Physiological and genetic characteri-zation of edible ectomycorrhizal fungus Cantharellu cibarius (2002)
- Mr. Surender Kumar. Phosphate solubilization and genetic variation of black Aspergilli (2001)
2008: A. Mukherjee, M.S. Reddy. V. Achal A novel additive for building materials, and methods of preparation and application there of………. Application number: 2191/DEL/2008
- Kaur P, Joshi S, Shinde OA, Reddy MS.2021. Utilization of Biomineralized Steel Slag in Cement Mortar to Improve Its Properties. Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering 33: 04021116.
- Singh SK, Reddy MS. 2021. Computational prediction of the effects of non-synonymous single nucleotide polymorphisms on the GPI-anchor transamidase subunit GPI8p of Plasmodium falciparum. Computational Biology and Chemistry 92: 107461.
- Thakur B, Yadav R, Mukherjee A, Melayah D, Marmeisse R, Fraissinet-Tachet L, Reddy MS. 2021. Protection from metal toxicity by Hsp40-like protein isolated from contaminated soil using functional metagenomic approach. Environmental Science and Pollution Research 28: 17132-17145.
- Jain K, Bhunia H, Reddy MS. 2021. Degradation of polypropylene-poly-L-lactide blends by Bacillus isolates: a microcosm and field evaluation. Bioremediation Journal: https://doi.org/10.1080/10889868.2021.1886037.
- Singh SK, Upadhyay AK, Reddy MS. 2021. Screening of potent drug inhibitors against SARS-CoV-2 RNA polymerase: an in silico approach. 3 Biotech, 11: 1-13.
- Mukherjee A, Thakur B, AK Pandey, Marmeisse R, Fraissinet-Tachet L, Reddy MS. 2021. Multi-metal tolerance of DHHC palmitoyl transferase-like protein isolated from metal contaminated soil. Ecotoxicology 30:67-79.
- Kaur D, Reddy MS, Pandey OP. 2021. Synthesis, characterization, drug loading and in-vitro bioactivity studies of rice husk derived SiO2–P2O5–MgO–CaO–SrO bio-active glasses. Journal of Drug Delivery Science and Technology 61: 102154.
- Mukherjee A, Reddy MS. 2020. Metatranscriptomics: an approach for retrieving novel eukaryotic genes from polluted and related environments. 3Biotech 10: 1-19.
- Joshi S, Goyal S, Reddy MS. 2020. Influence of biogenic treatment in improving the durability properties of waste amended concrete: A review. Construction and Building Materials 263: 120170.
- Kaur D, Reddy MS, Pandey OP. 2020. In-vitro bioactivity of silicate-phosphate glasses using agriculture biomass silica. Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Medicine 31: 1-13.
- Singh SK, Reddy MS. 2020. Homology modeling, docking, absorption, distribution, metabolism, excretion and toxicity studies and prediction of deleterious non-synonymous single nucleotide polymorphisms (nsSNPs) of Thiamin phosphate synthase: A potential drug target in Plasmodium falciparum. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 82: 665-676.
- Kaur A, Reddy MS, Pati PK, Kumar A. 2020. Over-expression of osmotin (OsmWS) gene of Withania somnifera in potato cultivar ‘Kufri Chipsona 1’imparts resistance to Alternaria solani. Plant Cell, Tissue and Organ Culture 142: 131-142.
- Govindarajulu MB, Thirunavukkarasu N, SS Kumar, Kaur T, Reddy MS, Suryanarayanan TS. 2020. Endolichenic fungal diversity associated with some lichens of the Western Ghats. Planta Medica 86:960-966.
- Verma B, Reddy MS. 2020. Biochar augmentation improves ectomycorrhizal colonisation, plant growth and soil fertility. Soil research 58: 673-682.
- Deshmukh SK, Agrawal S, Prakash V, Gupta MK, Reddy MS. 2020. Anti-infectives from mangrove endophytic fungi. South African Journal of Botany 134: 237-263.
- Agrawal S, Deshmukh SK, Reddy MS, Prasad R, Goel M. 2020. Endolichenic fungi: A hidden source of bioactive metabolites. South African Journal of Botany 134: 163-186.
- Khullar S, Reddy MS. 2020. Arsenic toxicity and its mitigation in ectomycorrhizal fungus Hebeloma cylindrosporum through glutathione biosynthesis. Chemosphere. 240: 124914.
- Aggarwal D, Neeti N, Reddy MS, Kumar A. 2020. Shoot organogenesis and assessment of clonal fidelity of regenerated plants of Ocimum tenuiflorum L.: Queen of Herbs. Vegetos 33: 423-429.
- Kaur A, Guleria S, Reddy MS, Kumar A. 2020. A robust genetic transformation protocol to obtain transgenic shoots of Solanum tuberosum L. cultivar ‘Kufri Chipsona 1’. Physiology and Molecular Biology of Plants 26: 367-377.
- Sharma S , Reddy MS Kumar A. 2020. Direct shoot organogenesis from leaf explants of Populus deltoides and changes in selected enzymatic activities. Physiology and Molecular Biology of Plants 26: 399-407.
- Goyal M, Baranwal M, Pandey SK, Reddy MS. 2019. Hetero-polysaccharides secreted from Dunaliella salina exhibit immunomodulatory activity against peripheral blood mononuclear cells and RAW 264.7 macrophages. Indian Journal of Microbiology 59: 428-435
- Singh SK, Reddy MS. 2019. Investigation of hub genes and their nonsynonymous single nucleotide polymorphism analysis in Plasmodium falciparum for designing therapeutic methodologies using next-generation sequencing approach. Indian Journal of Pharmacology 51: 389
- Mukherjee A, Yadav R, Marmeisse R, Fraissinet-Tachet L, Reddy MS. 2019. Detoxification of toxic heavy metals by serine protease inhibitor isolated from polluted soil. International Biodeterioration & Biodegradation, 143: 104718
- Mukherjee A, Yadav R, Marmeisse R, Fraissinet-Tachet L, Reddy MS. 2019. Heavy metal hypertolerant eukaryotic aldehyde dehydrogenase isolated from metal contaminated soil by metatranscriptomics approach. Biochimie, 160:183-192
- Joshi S, Goyal S, Mukherjee A, Reddy MS. 2019. Protection of concrete structures under sulfate environments by using calcifying bacteria. Construction and Building Materials, 209: 156-166
- Nayak S, Pradhan D, Singh H, Reddy MS. 2019. Computational screening of potential drug targets for pathogens causing bacterial pneumonia. Microbial pathogenesis, 130: 271-282
- Thakur B, Yadav R, Vallon L, Marmeisse R, Fraissinet-Tachet L, Reddy MS. 2019. Multi-metal tolerance of von Willebrand factor type D domain isolated from metal contaminated site by metatranscriptomics approach. Science of the Total Environment, 661: 432-440.
- Anam GB, Reddy MS, Ahn YH. 2019. Characterization of Trichoderma asperellum RM-28 for its sodic/saline-alkali tolerance and plant growth promoting activities to alleviate toxicity of red mud. Science of the Total Environment, 662: 462-469.
- Khullar S, Reddy MS. 2018. Cadmium and Arsenic responses in the ectomycorrhizal fungus Laccaria bicolor: glutathione metabolism and its role in metal(loid) homeostasis. Environmental Microbiology Reports, 11:53-61.
- Khullar S, Reddy MS. 2018. Cadmium induced glutathione bioaccumulation mediated by γ-glutamylcysteine synthetase in ectomycorrhizal fungus Hebeloma cylindrosporum. BioMetals, 32:101-110
- Tripathi E, Anand K, Goyal S, Reddy MS. 2019. Bacterial based admixed or spray treatment to improve properties of concrete. Sādhanā, 44:19.
- Khullar S, Sharma A, Agnihotri R, Reddy MS. 2019. Metallothioneins mediated intracellular copper homeostasis in Ectomycorrhizal fungus Suillus indicus. Kavaka 53: 48-54.
- Tangjang S, Reddy MS, Suryanarayanan T, Taka T. 2018. Stereostratum corticioides (Berk. & Broome) H. Magn. rust on Phyllostachys bambusoides Siebold & Zucc. from Arunachal Pradesh, India. Current Science, 115: 2011-2012.
- Deshmukh S, Gupta M, Prakash V, Reddy MS. 2018. Mangrove-Associated Fungi: A Novel Source of Potential Anticancer Compounds. Journal of Fungi, 4, p.101.
- Thakur B, Yadav R, Fraissinet-Tachet L, Marmeisse R, Reddy MS. 2018. Isolation of multi-metal tolerant ubiquitin fusion protein from metal polluted soil by metatranscriptomic approach. Journal of Microbiological Methods 152:119-25.
- Khullar S, Reddy MS. 2018. Ectomycorrhizal fungi and its role in metal homeostasis through metallothionein and glutathione mechanisms. Current Biotechnology, 7: 231-41.
- Joshi S, Goyal S, Reddy MS. 2018. Corn steep liquor as a nutritional source for biocementation and its impact on concrete structural properties. Journal of industrial microbiology & Biotechnology, 45:657-667.
- Meena N, Vasundhara M, Reddy MS, Suravajhala P, Raghavender US, Medicherla KM. 2018. Draft genome sequence of a fungus (Fusarium tricinctum) cultured from a monoisolate native to the Himalayas. Genome Announcements, 6: e00365-18.
- Kalsotra T, Khullar S, Agnihotri R, Reddy MS. 2018. Metal induction of two metallothionein genes in the ectomycorrhizal fungus Suillus himalayensis and their role in metal tolerance. Microbiology, 164: 868-76.
- Joshi S, Goyal S, Reddy MS. 2018. Influence of nutrient components of media on structural properties of concrete during biocementation. Construction and Building Materials, 158: 601-613.
- Kaur A, Reddy MS, Kumar A. 2018. Direct somatic embryogenesis of potato [Solanum tuberosum (L.)] cultivar ‘Kufri Chipsona 2’. Plant Cell, Tissue and Organ Culture, 134: 457–466.
- Jain K, Bhunia H, Reddy MS. 2018. Degradation of polypropylene–poly-L-lactide blend by bacteria isolated from compost. Bioremediation Journal, 22:3-4, 73-90
- Ziller A, Yadav RK, Capdevila M, Reddy MS, Vallon L, Marmeisse R, Atrian S, Palacios O, Fraissinet-Tachet L. 2017 Metagenomics analysis reveals a new metallothionein family: Sequence and metal-binding features of new environmental cysteine-rich proteins. Journal of Inorganic Biochemistry, 167:1–11
- Kaur G, Reddy MS. 2017. Improvement of crop yield by phosphate solubilizing Aspergillus species in organic farming. Archives of Agronomy and Soil Science, 63: 23-34
- Kaur A, Reddy MS, Kumar A. 2017. Efficient, one step and cultivar independent shoot organogenesis of potato. Physiology and Molecular Biology of Plants 23:461-469
- Bansal M, Reddy MS, Kumar A. 2017. Optimization of cell growth and bacoside-A production in suspension cultures of Bacopa monnieri (L.) Wettst. Using response surface methodology. In Vitro Cellular & Developmental Biology – Plant 53:527–537
- Joshi S, Goyal S, Mukherjee A, Reddy MS. 2017. Microbial healing of cracks in concrete: a review. J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 44:1511-1525
- Reddy MS, Murali TS, Suryanarayanan TS, Govindarajulu MB, Thirunavukkarasu N. 2016. Pestalotiopsis species occur as generalist endophytes in trees of Western Ghats forests of southern India. Fungal Ecology, 24: 70-75.
- Bansal R, Dhami NK, Mukherjee A, Reddy MS. 2016. Biocalcification by halophilic bacteria for remediation of concrete structures in marine environment. Journal of Industrial Mcrobiology & Biotechnology, 43:1497–1505.
- Vasundhara M, Kumar A, Reddy MS. 2016. Molecular approaches to screen bioactive compounds from endophytic Fungi. Frontiers in Microbiology, 7:1774
- Verma B, Reddy MS. 2016. Diversity of the genus Suillus Gray from coniferous forests of the northwestern Himalayas, India: Taxonomy, ecology and some new records. Kavaka, 47: 114 -124
- Kaur G, Dhami NK, Goyal S, Mukherjee A, Reddy MS. 2016. Utilization of carbon dioxide as an alternative to urea in biocementation. Construction and Building Materials, 123: 527-533.
- Dhami, NK, Mukherjee A, Reddy MS. 2016. Micrographical, minerological and nano-mechanical characterization of microbial carbonates from urease and carbonic anhydrase producing bacteria. Ecological Engineering, 94: 443–454.
- Dhami, NK, Mukherjee A, Reddy MS. 2016. Applicability of bacterial biocementation in sustainable construction materials. Asia-Pacific Journal of Chemical Engineering, 11: 795–802
- Karn SK, Reddy MS, Chakrabarti SK. 2016. Pseudomonas sp. CL7 from sludge removed 2,3,4,6-tetrachlorophenol in vivo and in vitro condition. Water Environment Research, 88: 303-307.
- Dhami NK, Reddy MS, Mukherjee A. 2016. Significant indicators for biomineralisation in sand of varying grain sizes. Construction and Building Materials, 104: 198-207.
- Singh P, Baranwal M, Reddy MS. 2016. Antioxidant and cytotoxic activity of carotenes produced by Dunaliella salina under stress. Pharmaceutical Biology, 54:2269-2275.
- Reddy MS, Kour M, Aggarwal S, Ahuja S, Roland Marmeisse, Laurence Fraissinet-Tachet. 2016. Metal induction of a Pisolithus albus metallothionein and its potential involvement in heavy metal tolerance during mycorrhizal symbiosis. Environmental Microbiology, 18: 2446–2454.
- Bansal M, Reddy MS, Kumar A. 2016. Seasonal variations in harvest index and 'bacoside A' contents amongst accessions of Bacopa monnieri (L.) Wettst collected from wild populations. Physiology and Molecular Biology of Plants 22: 407-413.
- Bains A, Dhami NK, Mukherjee A, Reddy MS. 2015. Influence of exopolymeric materials on bacterially induced mineralization of carbonates. Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology, 175:3531–3541.
- Aggarwal D, Kumar A, Reddy MS. 2015. Genetic transformation of endo-1,4-b-glucanase (Korrigan) for cellulose enhancement in Eucalyptus tereticornis. Plant Cell Tissue and Organ Culture, 122: 363-371.
- Kaur G, Reddy MS. 2015. Effects of phosphate-solubilizing bacteria, rock phosphate and chemical fertilizers on maize-wheat cropping cycle and economics. Pedosphere, 25: 428-437.
- Jain K, Madhu G, Bhunia H, Bajpai PK, Golok NB, Reddy M S. 2015. Physico-mechanical characterization and biodegradability behavior of polypropylene/ poly (L-lactide) polymer blends. Journal of Polymer Engineering, 35: 407–415.
- Bansal M, Kumar A, Reddy MS. 2015. Production of bacoside A, a memory enhancer from hairy root cultures of Bacopa monnieri (L.) Wettst. Journal of Applied Research on Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, 2: 92-101.
- Reddy MS, Prasanna L, Marmeisse R. and Fraissinet-Tachet L. 2014. Differential expression of metallothioneins in response to heavy metals and their involvement in metal tolerance in the symbiotic basidiomycete Laccaria biocolor. Microbiology, 160: 2235–2242.
- Verma B, Reddy MS. 2014. Suillus indicus sp. nov. (Boletales, Basidiomycota), a new boletoid fungus from northwestern Himalayas, India. Mycology, 6: 36-41.
- Bansal M, Kumar A, Reddy MS. 2014. Influence of Agrobacterium rhizogenes strains on hairy root induction and ‘bacoside A’ production from Bacopa monnieri (L.) Wettst. Acta Physiologiae Plantarum, 36:2793-2801.
- Karn SK, Reddy MS, Chakrabarti SK. 2014. Biomineralization of 2,3,4,6-tetrachlorophenol by Bacillus sp. and Staphylococcus sp. isolated from secondary sludge of pulp and paper mill. Bioremediation Journal, 18:93–99.
- Yadav RK, Barbi F, Ziller A, Luis P, Marmeisse R, Reddy MS, Fraissinet-Tachet L. 2014. Construction of sized eukaryotic cDNA libraries using low input of total environmental metatranscriptomic RNA. BMC Biotechnology 14:80.
- Dhami NK, Reddy MS, Mukherjee A. 2014. Application of calcifying bacteria for remediation of stones and cultural heritages. Frontiers in Microbiology, 5: 304 doi: 10.3389/fmicb.2014.00304.
- Arora A, Krishna P, Malik V, Reddy MS. 2014. Alkalistable xylanase production by alkalitolerant Paenibacillus montaniterrae RMV1 isolated from red mud. Journal of Basic Microbiology, 54:1023 – 1029.
- Khosla B, Reddy MS. 2014. Mycorrhizal fungi in extreme environments and their impact on plant growth. Kavaka, 42:123-130.
- Garyali S, Kumar A, Reddy MS. 2014. Enhancement of taxol production from endophytic fungus Fusarium redolens. Biotechnology and Bioprocess Engineering. 19: 908-915.
- Krishna P, Babu AG, Reddy MS. 2014. Bacterial diversity of extremely alkaline bauxite residue site of alumina industrial plant using culturable bacteria and residue 16S rRNA gene clones. Extremophiles, 18:665–676.
- Dhami NK, Mukherjee A, Reddy MS. 2014. Synergistic role of bacterial urease and carbonic anhydrase in carbonate Mineralization. Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology, 172: 2552 – 2561.
- Kaur G, Reddy MS. 2014. Influence of P-solubilizing bacteria on crop yield and soil fertility at multilocational sites. European Journal of Soil Biology, 61: 35-40.
- Garyali S, Kumar A, Reddy MS. 2014. Diversity and antimitotic activity of taxol producing endophytic fungi from Himalayan yew. Annals of Microbiology. 64: 1413-1422.
- Bansal M, Kumar A, Reddy MS. 2014. Diversity among wild accessions of Bacopa monnieri (L.) Wettst and their morphogenetic potential. Acta Physiologiae Plantarum. 36: 1177-1186.
- Jain K, Madhu G, Bhunia H, Bajpai PK, Reddy MS. 2014. Kinetics of biodegradation of Polypropylene/ Polylactide Blends. Journal of Polymer Materials 31: 63-76.
- Kumari D, Reddy MS, Upadhyay RC. 2014. New records of Cantharellus species from the northwestern Himalayas of India. Mycology, 4: 205 – 220.
- Kaur G, Reddy MS. 2014. Role of phosphate-solubilizing bacteria in improving the soil fertility and crop productivity in organic farming, Archives of Agronomy and Soil Science, 60: 549 – 564.
- Verma B, Reddy MS. 2014. Suillus triacicularis sp. nov., a new species associated with Pinus roxburghii from northwestern Himalayas, India, Phytotaxa 162 : 157–164.
- Verma B, Reddy MS. 2014. Suillus himalayensis (Basidiomycota, Agaricomycetes, Boletales), a new species associated with Pinus wallichiana from north western Himalayas, India Nova Hedwigia, 99: 541-550.
- Kanwal HK, Reddy MS. 2014. Influence of sclerotia formation on ligninolytic enzyme production in Morchella crassipes, Journal of Basic Microbiology. S63-69.
- Dhami NK, Mukherjee A, Reddy MS. 2013. Viability of calcifying bacterial formulations in ﬂy ash for applications in building materials, Journal of Industrial Microbiology and Biotechnology, 40: 1403–1413.
- Garyali S, Kumar A, Reddy MS. 2013. Taxol production by an endophytic fungus Fusarium redolens isolated from Himalayan Yew. Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, 23: 1372–1380.
- Kumari D, Reddy MS, Upadhyay RC. 2013. Diversity of cultivable bacteria associated with fruiting bodies of wild Himalayan Cantharellus spp. Annals of Microbiology, 63: 845-853.
- Dhami NK, Mukherjee A, Reddy MS. 2013. Biomineralization of calcium carbonate polymorphs by the bacterial strains isolated from calcareous sites. Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, 23: 707-714.
- Dhami NK, Mukherjee A, Reddy MS. 2013. Bacillus megaterium mediated mineralization of calcium carbonate as biogenic surface treatment of green building materials. World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology 29: 2397-2406.
- Karn SK, Reddy MS. 2013. Removal of 2,4,5-trichlorophenol by bacterial isolates from the secondary sludge of pulp and paper mill, Journal of Basic Microbiology 53: 752 – 757.
- Dhami NK, Mukherjee A, Reddy MS (2013). Biomineralization of calcium carbonates and their engineered applications: a review. Frontiers of Microbiology 4: 314.
- Kaur G, Reddy MS. 2013. Phosphate solubilizing rhizobacteria from an organic farm and their influence on the growth and yield of maize (Zea mays L.), Journal of General and Applied Microbiology 59: 295 – 303
- Aggarwal D, Jaiswal N, Kumar A, Sharma J, Reddy MS. 2013. Factors affecting genetic transformation and shoot organgenesis of Bacopa monnieri (L.) Wettest. Journal of Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology 22:382-391
- Govindarajulu MB, Nagamani T, Babu AG, Aggarwal A, Suryanarayanan TS, Reddy MS. 2013. Endophytic Xylariaceae from the forests of Western Ghats, southern India: Distribution and biological activities. Mycology: 4: 29-37
- Achal V, Mukherjee A, Goyal S, Reddy MS. 2013. Biogenic treatment improves the durability and remediates the cracks of concrete structures, Construction and Building Materials 48: 1-5
- Dhami NK, Reddy MS, Mukherjee A. 2012. Improvement in strength properties of ash bricks by bacterial calcite. Ecological Engineering 39:31– 35.
- Aggarwal D, Kumar A, Sharma J, Reddy MS. 2012. Factors affecting micropropagation and acclimatization of an elite clone of Eucalyptus tereticornis Sm. In vitro Cellular and developmental Biology-Plant 48: 521-529.
- Achal V, Mukherjee A, Goyal S, Reddy MS. 2012. Corrosion prevention of reinforced concrete with microbial calcite precipitation. ACI Materials Journal 109: 157-164.
- Karn KS, Reddy MS. 2012. Degradation of 2, 4, 6-trichlorophenol by bacteria isolated from secondary sludge of a pulp and paper mill. Journal of General and Applied Microbiology 58: 413 ‒ 420.
- Singh H, Reddy MS. 2012. Improvement of wheat and maize crops by inoculating Aspergillus species in alkaline soil fertilized with rock phosphate. Archives of Agronomy and Soil Science 58: 535-546.
- Kumari D, Reddy MS, Upadhyay RC. 2011.Craterellus indicus sp. nov., a new species associated with Cedrus deodara from the western Himalayas, India. Mycological Progress 11: 769 -774.
- Kanwal HK, Reddy MS. 2012. The effect of carbon and nitrogen sources on the formation of sclerotia in Morchella spp. Annals of Microbiology 62: 165-168.
- Achal V, Mukherjee A, Reddy MS. 2011. Effect of calcifying bacteria on permeation properties of concrete structures. Journal of Industrial Microbiology and Biotechnology 38: 1229 – 1234.
- Karn SK, Chakrabarthi P, Reddy MS. 2011. Degradation of pentachlorophenol by Kocuria sp. CL2 isolated from secondary sludge of pulp and paper mill. Biodegradation 47: 63 – 69.
- Suryanarayanan TS, Govindarajulu MB, Thirumalai E, Reddy MS, Money NP. 2011. Agni’s fungi: heat-resistant spores from the Western Ghats, southern India. Fungal Biology 115: 833-838.
- Babu AG, Reddy MS. 2011. Dual inoculation of arbuscular mycorrhizal and phosphate solubilizing fungi contributes in sustainable maintenance of plant health in fly ash ponds. Water, Air and Soil Pollution 219: 3-10.
- Babu AG, Reddy MS. 2011. Diversity of Arbuscular Mycorrhizal fungi associated with plants growing in fly ash pond and their potential role in Ecological Restoration. Current Microbiology 63: 273 – 280.
- Aggarwal D, Kumar A, Reddy MS. 2011. Agrobacterium tumefaciens mediated genetic transformation of selected elite clone(s) of Eucalyptus tereticornis. Acta Physiologiae Plantarum 33: 1603-1611.
- Kanwal HK, Reddy MS. 2011. Effect of carbon, nitrogen sources and inducers on lignolytic enzyme production by Morchella crassipes, World Journal of Microbiology & Biotechnology 27: 687 – 691.
- Achal V, Mukherjee A, Reddy MS. 2011. Microbial Concrete: A way to enhance the durability of building structures. Journal of Materials for Civil Engineering 23, 730 – 734.
- Kumari D, Reddy MS, Upadhyay RC. 2011. Nutritional composition and antioxidant activities of 18 different wild Cantharellus mushrooms of Northwestern Himalayas. Food Science and Technology International 17: 557-567.
- Babu AG, Reddy MS. 2011. Aspergillus tubingensis improves the growth and native mycorrhizal colonization of bermudagrass in bauxite residue. Bioremediation Journal 15:157–164.
- Kanwal HK, Reddy MS. 2011. Production of lignocellulolytic enzymes by Morchella elate on various substrates. Kavaka 39: 27-32.
- Kumari D, Upadhyay RC, Reddy MS. 2011. Antioxidant activity three species of wild mushroom genus Cantharellus collected from North-Western Himalaya, India. International Journal of Agricultural Biology13: 415-418.
- Singh H, Reddy MS. 2011. Effect of inoculation with phosphate solubilizing fungus on the growth and nutrient uptake of wheat and maize plants fertilized with rock phosphate in alkaline soils. European journal of Soil Biology 47: 30-34.
- Babu AG, Reddy MS. 2011. Influence of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi on the growth and nutrient status of bermuda grass grown in alkaline bauxite processing residue. Environmental Pollution 159: 25-29.
- Kanwal HK, Acharya K, Ramesh G, Reddy MS. 2011. Molecular characterization of Morchella species from the Western Himalayan region of India. Current Microbiology 62: 1245 – 1252.
- Kumari D, Upadhyay RC, Reddy MS. 2011. Cantharellus pseudoformosus, a new species associated with Cedrus deodara from India. Mycoscience 52: 147-151.
- Aggarwal D, Kumar A, Reddy MS. 2010. Shoot organogenesis in elite clones of Eucalyptus tereticornis. Plant Cell Tissue Organ Culture 102: 45-52.
- Karn SK, Chakrabarty SK, Reddy MS. 2010. Characterization of pentachlorophenol degrading Bacillus strains from secondary pulp-and-paper Industry sludge. International Biodeterioration and Biodegradation 64: 609 – 613.
- Karn SK, Chakrabarty SK, Reddy MS. 2010. Pentachlorophenol degradation by Pseudomonas stutzeri CL7 in the secondary sludge of pulp and paper mill. Journal of Environmental Sciences 22:1608 – 1612.
- Kumar A, Aggarwal D, Gupta P, Reddy MS. 2010. Factors affecting in vitro propagation and field establishment of Chlorophytum borivilianum. Biologia Plantarum 54: 601- 606.
- Achal V, Mukherjee A, Reddy MS. 2010. Characterization of two urease producing and calcifying Bacillus spp. Isolated from cement. Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology 20: 1571-1576.
- Achal V, Mukherjee A, Reddy MS. 2010. Biocalcification by Sporosarcina pasteurii using corn steep liquor as nutrient source, Industrial Biotechnology 6: 170-174.
- Mukherjee A, Achal V, Reddy MS. 2010. In search of a sustainable binder in Building materials. Annals of Indian Academy of Engineering VII: 41-51.
- Ramesh G, Podila G, Gay G, Marmaisse R, Reddy MS. 2009. Differential patterns of regulation for copper and cadmium metallothioneins of the ectomycorrhizal fungus Hebeloma cylindrosporum. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 75: 2266 -2274.
- Achal V, Mukherjee A, Basu PC, Reddy MS. 2009. Strain improvement of Sporosarcina pasterurii for enhanced urease and calcite production. Journal of Industrial Microbiology and Biotechnology 36: 981- 988.
- Achal V, Mukherjee A, Basu PC, Reddy MS. 2009. Lactose mother liquor as an alternative nutrient source for microbial concrete production by Sporosarcina pasteurii. Journal of Industrial Microbiology and Biotechnology 36: 433- 438.
- Khosla B, Kaur H, Reddy MS. 2009. Influence of ectomycorrhizal colonization on the growth and mineral nutrition of Populus deltoides under Aluminium toxicity. Journal of Plant interactions 4: 93 - 99.
- Ramesh G, Sweera R, Reddy MS. 2009. Enhancement of laccase in ectomycorrhizal fungus Hebeloma cylindrosporum in presence of different substrates. Advances in Environmental Biology 2: 115 -120.
- Kumari D, Upadhyay RC, Reddy MS. 2009. New records of family Cantharellaceae from India, Mushroom Research 18: 47-50.
- Loveleen, Krishna P, Reddy MS. 2008. Effect of carbon and nitrogen sources on phosphate solubilization by a wild type strain and UV-induced mutants of Aspergillus tubingensis. Current Microbiology 57: 401- 406.
- Krishna P, Arora A, Reddy MS. 2008. An alkaliphilic and xylanolytic strain of actinomycetes Kocuria sp. RM1 isolated from alkaline bauxite residue site. World journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology 24: 3079-3085.
- Khosla B, Reddy MS. 2008. Response of ectomycorrhizal fungi on the growth and mineral nutrition of Eucalyptus seedlings in bauxite mined soil. American-Eurasian Journal of Agricultue and Environmental Science 3: 123-126.
- Achal V, Savant VV, Reddy MS. 2007. Phosphate solubilization by a wild type strain and UV-induced mutants of Aspergillus tubingensis. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 39: 695 – 699.
- Richa G, Khosla B, Reddy MS. 2007. Improvement of maize plant growth by phosphate solubilizing fungi in rock phosphate amended soils. World Journal of Agricultural Sciences 3: 481 -484.
- Reddy MS, Hitchin S, Melayah D, Pandey AK, Raffier C, Henderson J, Marmeisse R, Gay G. 2006. The auxin-inducible GH3 homologue Pp-GH3.16 is down-regulated in Pinus pinaster root systems upon ectomycorrhizal symbiosis establishment. New Phytologist 170: 391 – 400.
- Reddy MS, Singla S, Natarajan K, Senthilarasu. 2005. Pisolithus indicus, a new ectomycorrhizal fungus associated with dipterocarps of India. Mycologia 97: 838 – 843.
- Krishna P, Reddy MS, Patnaik SK. 2005. Aspergillus tubingensis reduces the pH of the bauxite residue (red mud) amended soils. Water, Air and Soil Pollution 167: 201-209.
- Ramesh G, Reddy MS. 2005. Development of copper tolerant mutants of ectomycorrhizal fungus Hebeloma cylindrosporum. Kavaka 34: 49 – 53.
- Singla S, Reddy MS, Marmeisse R, Gay G. 2004. Genetic variability and taxonomic position of ectomycorrhizal fungus Pisolithus from India. Microbiological Research 159: 203 – 210.
- Reddy MS, Pandey AK, Melayah, Marmesse R, Gay G. 2003. The auxin responsive gene Pp-C61 is up regulated in Pinus pinaster roots following inoculation with ectomycorrhizal fungi. Plant Cell and Environment 26: 681 – 691.
- Pandey AK, Reddy MS, Suryanarayanan TS. 2003. ITS-RFLP and ITS sequence analysis of a foliar endophytic Phyllosticta from different tropical trees. Mycological Research 107: 439 -444.
- Reddy MS, Kumar S, Khosla B, Reddy MS. 2002. Biosolubilization of poorly soluble rock phosphates by Aspegillus tubingensis and A. niger. Bioresource Technology 84: 187 – 189.
- Charvet-Candela V, Hitchin S, Reddy MS, Marmeisse R, Gay G. 2002. Characterization of a Pinus pinaster cDNA encoding an auxin up-regulated putative peroxidase in roots. Tree Physiology 22: 231- 238.
- Reddy MS, Khosla B, Gay G, Ramamurthy V. 2002. Influence of Aluminum on mineral nutrition of ectomycorrhizal fungi Pisolithus sp. and Cantharellus cibarius. Water, Air and Soil pollution 135: 55 – 64.
- Reddy MS, Kumar S. 2001. Distinction of Aspergillus tubingensis from Aspergillus niger by PCR-RFLP. Kavaka 28-29: 81 – 84.
- Reddy MS, Satyanarayana T. 1998. Inoculation of micropropagated plantlets of Eucalyptus tereticornis with ectomycorrhizal fungi. New Forests 16: 273 – 279.
- Reddy MS, Satyanarayana T. 1998. Ectomycorrhizal formation in micropropagated plantlets of Populus deltoids, Symbiosis 25: 343 – 348.
- Reddy MS, Satyanarayana T. 1998. Potential uses and problems of ectomycorrhizal fungi. Recent Advances in Mycoses 171 – 174.
- Reddy MS, Natarajan K. 1997. Coinoculation efficacy of ectomycorrhizal fungi on Pinus patula seedlings in a nursery, Mycorrhiza 7: 133-138.
- Reddy MS, Natarajan K. 1996. In vitro ectomycorrhizal formation of Pinus patula, P. pseudostrobus, P. oocarpa and P. elliotii grown in Southern India. New Forests 11: 149 -153.
- Reddy MS, Natarajan K. 1995. Effects of the fungicide Dithane M-45 on the growth and mycorrhizal formation of Pinus patula seedlings. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 27: 1503-1504.
- Reddy MS, Natarajan K. 1995. Effect of Pisolithus tinctorius and Laccaria fraterna on the growth and mycorrhizal development of Pinus patula seedlings. Biotropia 8: 45-52.
- Reddy MS, Natarajan K. 1994, Effect of a synthetic pyrethroid on the growth of ectomycorrhizal fungi and mycorrhiza formation in Pinus patula. Mycorrhiza 5: 115-117.
- Reddy MS, Natarajan K. 1994. Selection of a suitable ectomycorrhizal fungal isolates for Pinus patula nurseries. Indian Journal of Microbiology 34: 107-112.
- Natarajan K, Banerjee K, Reddy MS. 1993. In vitro syntheses of ectomycorrhizas of Eucalyptus spp. with Laccaria fraterna and Pisolithus tinctorius. Kavaka 20/21:17-20.
Review articles and book chapters
- Kaur T, Reddy MS. (2019) Recent Developments in Ectomycorrhizal Research. In: Satyanarayana T., Deshmukh S., Deshpande M. (eds) Advancing Frontiers in Mycology & Mycotechnology. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-9349-5_12.
- Khullar S, Reddy MS (2019) Ectomycorrhizal diversity and tree Sustainability. In: Satyanarayana T., Das S., Johri B. (eds) Microbial Diversity in Ecosystem Sustainability and Biotechnological Applications. Springer, Singapore. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-8487-5_6
- Garyali S, Tandon P, Reddy MS, Wang Y (2019). Exploitation of fungal endophytes as bio-factories for production of functional metabolites through metabolic engineering; emphasizing on taxol production. In: High Value Fermentation Products: Human Health, I (Eds. Saran S, Babu V, Chuabey A), pp. 401-429
- Vasundhara M, Reddy MS, Kumar A (2019). Secondary metabolites from endophytic fungi and their biological activities. In: New and future developments in microbial biotechnology and bioengineering (Eds. Gupta VK, Pandey A) pp. 237-258, Elsevier
- Deshmukh SK, Gupta MK, Prakash V, Reddy MS (2019). Fungal endophytes - a novel source of cytotoxic compounds. In: Endophytes and Secondary Metabolites (Ed. S. Jha) pp. 1-62 Springer International Publishing
- Reddy MS, Joshi S (2018). Carbon dioxide sequestration on biocement-based composites. In: Carbon dioxide sequestration in cementitious construction materials (Eds. F.Pacheco-Torgal, C. Shi, A. Palomo) pp. 225-243, Elsevier
- Kaur A, Kumar A, Reddy MS (2017). Plant–pathogen interactions: a proteomic approach. In: Understanding host-microbiome interactions-An Omics Approach (Eds. RP. Singh, R. Kothari, Koringa PG, SP Singh), pp. 207-225, Springer, Singapore
- Kaur G, Reddy MS (2017). Role of phosphate-solubilizing fungi in sustainable agriculture. In: Developments in Fungal Biology and Applied Mycology (Eds. T. Satyanarayana, S. Deshmukh, B. Johri), pp. 391-412, Springer, Singapore
- Aggarwal D, Reddy MS, Kumar A (2016). Biotechnological Approaches for the Improvement of Eucalyptus. In: Plant Tissue Culture: Propagation, Conservation and Crop Improvement (Eds. M. Anis, N.Ahmad), pp. 219-244, Springer, Singapore
- Kaur A, Kumar A, Reddy MS (2016). RNA Interference (RNAi) and Its Role in Crop Improvement: A Review. In: Plant Tissue Culture: Propagation, Conservation and Crop Improvement (Eds. M. Anis, N. Ahmad), pp 379-394, Springer, Singapore
- Dhami NK, Mukherjee A, Reddy MS (2012). Biofilm and Microbial applications in Biomineralized concrete. In Advanced Topics in Biomineralization (Ed. Jong Seto), Publisher: InTech, pp.137-164
- Reddy MS, Achal V, Mukherjee A (2011). Microbial Concrete, a wonder metabolic product that remediates the defects in building structures. In: T. Satyanarayana et al. (eds.), Microorganisms in Environmental Management: Microbes and Environment, DOI 10.1007/978-94-007-2229-3_24
- Reddy MS, Pandey AK (2006). Influence of mycorrhizal fungi on the growth and survival of micropropagated forest trees. In: Current Concepts in Botany (Eds. K.G. Mukerji and C. Manoharachary) IK International Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi pp 253-265.
- Reddy MS, Satyanarayana T (2005) Interactions between Ectomycorrhizal Fungi and Rhizospheric Microbes. Soil biology, Volume 7, Microbial activity in the Rhizosphere, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2006 (Eds. K.G. Mukerji, C. Manoharachary, J. Singh), pp 245-263.
- Reddy MS, Singla S (2005). Application of molecular techniques in fungal taxonomy. In: The fungi-Diversity and conservation in India (Eds. J.S. Dargan, N.S. Atri and G.S. Dhingra) Bishen Singh Mahendrapal Singh Publishers, DehraDun, India.
- Krishna P, Reddy MS, Satyanarayana T (2006). Molecular techniques for understanding the microbial community structure in mycorrhizosphere Soil biology, Volume 7, Microbial activity in the Rhizosphere, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2006 (Eds. K.G. Mukerji, C. Manoharachary, J. Singh) pp 173-198.
- Reddy MS (2005). An insight into ectomycorrhizal fungal diversity by using molecular approaches. In: “Microbial Diversity: Current Perspectives and Potential Applications” (eds. T. Satyanarayana and B.N. Johri) IK International Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi pp 393-406.
- Acharya K, Reddy MS (2004). Genetic variation of Morchella (morels) species of Himachal Pradesh. In: Biotechnological approaches for sustainable development (eds. M.S. Reddy & S. Khanna) Allied Publishers, New Delhi.
- Krishna P, Patnaik SK, Reddy MS (2004). Neutralization of bauxite residue (red mud) waste of industrial alumina plant by using indigenous microbes. In: Biotechnological approaches for sustainable development (eds. M.S. Reddy & S. Khanna), Allied Publishers, New Delhi.
Biotechnological Approaches for Sustainable Development (edited). Allied Publishers Pvt. Ltd. (Co author: Dr. Sunil Khanna), 2004
Papers in National Conferences
More than 80 papers were presented both in International and National level conferences as invited speaker, as a presenter and also chaired the sessions.